cONTINUING EDUCATION Activities
Rutgers Center for Continuing & Outreach Education (CCOE)
The Center for Continuing & Outreach Education (CCOE) follows Rutgers’s Proper Use Policy regarding the use of computer resources for the protection of all users. Respect for the privacy of others is an important component of our University's policy and guidelines. This statement explains our online information practices to assure your privacy when participating in CE activities on our Internet site.
Information Collected and Purpose
Regarding visitors to our Internet site:
- We collect aggregate information on what pages are visited in order to assess and improve the content of our site.
- Our Web server does not automatically recognize information regarding individual users, e.g., domain name or email address.
- We do not set any “cookies” to track visitor's identification or use of the site.
When visitors register for CME activities:
- We ask for information about their identity in order to maintain a record of their participation.
- If a fee is charged and registrants can pay online, we ask for credit card information. Transactions with credit card information are done over a Secure Server and are encrypted during transmission over the Internet.
- Our Catalogue “remembers” who you are and stores your registration information which, for your convenience, comes up the next time you visit and register. This is done only if you request it by supplying a user name and password.
Additionally, when visitors participate in Internet CME activities:
- We ask participants to complete a knowledge test as part of a CME activity in order to provide feedback concerning the participant’s understanding of the content and to be able to provide the appropriate credit.
- We ask participants to evaluate CME activities in order to improve future activities.
Other Uses of Information
We may use the information you provide to contact you:
- To check on potential verification problems, e.g., duplicate registration for the same activity
- To ask for more detail about information you have provided, e.g., on your suggestions for improvements.
- To inform you that additional CME activities are now available at our site, only if you requested this notification.
- You may request that we provide you with a copy of our record of the information that you provided to us. (See “Contact Information” below.)
- We do not share our registrant’s information with other institutions, except as may be required by law.
Change in Policy
As our Internet site evolves, we may collect additional information or may use information in new ways. If our information practices change, we will modify this policy statement and use for these new purposes only data collected from the time of the policy change forward.
We have taken appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you.
Other Internet Sites
Our site provides links to other sites with information on topics that may be useful to visitors. However, we do not control those sites and are not responsible for their privacy practices.
Concerns about Following Policy
30 Bergen Street, ADMC 710
Newark, New Jersey 07107
855-482-1843 (outside NJ)